Why English for children?
The earlier the better! The earlier a child starts, the easier it learns! or: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks.“
Linguists confirm the benefits of early language training:<
Language inputs at an early age stimulate an improved networking of cells in the brain this is an irretrievable basis for successful learning throughout a person's life.
The time window for learning a language (mother tongue and foreign languages) is from birth up to about 5 or 6 years old.
What does Happy Young Learning have to offer?
A structured programme teaching and learning methods with lots of fun!
- 3 - 4 years of English
- Levels 1 - 4 "Let’s play English with Maggie and Mike"
- Level s5 - 6 "Let’s start reading and writing English with Maggie and Mike"
- Books, CDs and games
- Exciting stories with the two English children Maggie and Mike with everyday vocabulary typical for children of this age
- Traditional and modern songs and rhymes
- Diversified games that always offer new chances to speak
- Lots of English and a carefully structured growth in language competence (lots of verbs, adjectives, prepositions, different verb tenses)
- Special exercise to promote active speak in whole sentences
- Exercises to train sound perception (phonological awareness) to permit later reading and writing
- Learning at all levels:
- concrete (demonstrations with play materials)
- graphic (books and picture cards)
- abstract (just the spoken word)
contain graphic images to reflect learning topics, the texts of songs and a variety of exercises to consolidate the learning process. The aim of to promote thinking, memory, awareness, concentration and creativity skills and also train fine motor skills.
We only repeat what we have heard enough times.
Repeated listening to the English CDs is the basis for learning English.
Your child memorises the vocabulary, pronunciation, intonation and syntax as he or she hears it.
Memory games, bingo games, dice games and picture stories allow your child to actively handle the learning materials during English lessons and at home. You too can play with your child in English!
How does your child learn?
Learning English in English or – learning English as in England!
Your child continuously hears dialogues and stories from the CD at home and "understands them intuitively". During the English play lessons your child physically experiences the learning contents by real life demonstration.
He or she understands - with all his or her senses.
As a result of carefully structured speaking exercises, questions and answers, your child learns to express himself or herself actively and in whole sentences - your child speaks English. Working with the Activity Books consolidates the learning material and produces a perceptible learning success.
Your child is proud of his or her achievements. He or she develops a feeling for the language and a strong willingness to speak it. This lays the basis for learning languages successfully all through their lives!